The Counselor is responsible for assessing and monitoring client behavior within Willow Springs Recovery’s Detoxification, Residential, and Therapeutic Programs. The Counselor works in collaboration with the Clinical Supervisor and Clinical Director to ensure all services are being delivered to Willow Springs Recovery’s standards, the Counselor is responsible for documenting client behavior, group participation and counseling; caring for clients, coordinating treatment and discharge planning. The Counselor will also be providing crisis management, group therapies, facilitates/provides referrals in the transition of care and education for the clients and family/significant others in a therapeutic milieu setting.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide assessments and participate in the treatment planning with clients and their families/significant others.
2. Interview clients to obtain information concerning social history, treatment and other pertinent information.
3. Observe clients to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
4. Review results of tests given by the Psychiatrist to evaluate clients’ needs.
5. Change method and degree of therapy when indicated by client reactions/needs as well as when indicated by the Clinical Supervisor or Clinical Director.
6. Review client chart for completion of all paperwork with appropriate signatures. Complete any paperwork and get any missing signatures from the client. Follow the chart table of contents and check off all documents currently in the client chart.
7. Bio, Psych, Social Assessment and Treatment plan created with the client. After completion both documents will be signed and dated by the client and the therapist.
8. Ensure the client orientation is present and reviewed by the client, the Receipt of Client Handbook filed in the client’s chart will confirm this. If receipt is missing, review entire Client Handbook with the client to ensure the client has a clear understanding of the rules, policies, and schedule. Client should also understand the communication hierarchy and where to go with their various issues/concerns.
9. Contact family immediately and set up a schedule of communication for the remainder of treatment. Family should be informed that the Counselor will call in the next week after meeting with the client.
10. Complete notes for every group and interaction and document in the EMR. All group notes and notes for individual client meetings should stay current in the chart within 24 hours of occurrence.
11. Discuss progress toward goals with residents such as medication regiment, family relationships, educational programs, social development, discharge plans or other behavioral problems.
12. Therapist and Clinical Supervisor must work in conjunction for the development of treatment plans, upkeep of charts, assuring documentation is current with both group and individual sessions. Chart reviews will be conducted daily.
13. Plan and administer therapeutic treatment, behavior modification, and stress management therapy to assist clients’ in developing/displaying appropriate behaviors.
14. Develop and implement appropriate discharge planning with clients, family, and placing agency. This process should be started from day one.
15. Develop and maintain positive relationship with external customers, families and employees.
16. Assist Clinical Supervisor in the coordination of services for clients.
17. Initiate, facilitate and promote on-site activities, therapeutic support and educational groups, outings and documents on these in the client’s chart.
18. Respond to emergencies and initiate action plans as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES for the Counselor: The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
1. Valid LCDC, or LMSW (May qualify if test is completed)
2. 1-3 Year of experience utilizing Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
3. Past experience working with medical records is a plus.
4. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5. Individual Licensure requirements and scope of practice must be maintained.
Willow Springs Recovery is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.