Colorado has one of the highest alcohol addiction death rates in the country. A 2018 survey found that almost 1 in every 5 adults engaged in binge drinking the previous month, higher than the national average. According to a report by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), in 2017, 14.2% of deaths among Colorado’s population ages 20 to 64 years were attributable to alcohol.
If you are battling with alcoholism, seeking detox and treatment in alcohol rehab facilities in Colorado will help.
Do I Need Alcohol Rehab?
Signs of Alcoholism
There are several warning signs that you may have a drinking disorder and need treatment in alcohol rehab.
Alcohol abuse may be mild at the start but can quickly escalate. Not all alcohol abuse is obvious, and it doesn’t always rise to the level of dependency or addiction. Even the vast majority of binge drinkers aren’t alcoholics. That doesn’t make it healthy or safe.
If you do have an alcohol use disorder, the best thing to do is to go for detox and treatment in alcohol rehab. The sooner you do, the sooner you can reclaim your life and future.
Here are some warning signs that you need to go to alcohol rehab:
- Drinking in secrecy or isolation.
- Feeling hungover when you stop drinking.
- Experiencing temporary memory loss and blackouts.
- Neglecting your obligations and responsibilities in order to drink.
- Isolating yourself from family members and friends.
- Drinking to deal with stress or to relax.
- Experiencing extreme and constant mood swings and irritation when not drinking.
Recognize these signs and seek treatment at an alcohol rehab as soon as possible to arrest a potentially life-threatening addiction.
There are also several tools used in alcohol rehab treatment centers that could help you determine if you or a loved one needs to go to alcohol rehab. An example of a screening tool is the four-question CAGE questionnaire self- test:
- Have you ever felt you needed to Cut down on your drinking?
- Have people Annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt Guilty about drinking?
- Have you ever felt you needed a drink first thing in the morning (Eye-opener) to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
If you answer YES to at least two of the CAGE questions, then you may have a problem with alcohol that needs treatment in an alcohol rehab center.
Alcoholism has adverse effects on your life as shown below. And as such, it is necessary to get the right treatment at an alcohol rehab center.
Some of the physical effects of alcoholism are:
- Appetite loss
- Frequent infections including lung infections and pneumonia
- Liver cirrhosis
- Decreased libido
- Malnourishment and weight loss
- Dehydrated dry skin
- Mouth, throat, and liver cancer
- High blood pressure
- Inflamed intestines and pancreas
- Stomach inflammation, stomach ulcers, and chronic gastritis
- Kidney disease
Seeking early detox and intensive treatment in alcohol rehab centers in Colorado will help you avoid some of these adverse physical effects.
Are alcohol and drugs ruining your life?Find help now
Alcoholism has been linked to mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, personality disorders, and schizophrenia. More than 20% of all alcohol-associated deaths that didn’t involve a traffic injury in 2008 were suicides.
Getting detox and treatment at rehab facilities will help you manage the symptoms of these co-occurring disorders.
Alcohol Rehab Centers Provide a Safe Detox
The first step to alcohol addiction recovery is getting the alcohol out of your system. Those with severe addictions usually experience intense withdrawal symptoms. Since alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs to stop cold turkey, rehab facilities usually incorporate a medically monitored detox as part of their treatment program.
Some of the withdrawal symptoms of alcohol are:
A medical detox will help in preventing the discomfort, as well as, complications experienced as a result of alcohol withdrawal. Drugs commonly used in detox are:
- Naltrexone: During detox, this drug reduces the pleasurable effects of alcohol use and so the craving for alcohol.
- Acamprosate: Reduces alcohol withdrawal symptoms and cravings during detox.
- Benzodiazepines: Reduces an alcoholic’s anxiety and other psychological withdrawal symptoms during detox.
Our Detox Program
Life After Alcohol Rehab
Aftercare and Recovery
Rehab will not be easy or quick. You will need to be client with yourself, the detox, treatment, and recovery process in the rehab centers.
Transitioning from an alcohol rehab center to your everyday life has its own set of challenges. Your recovery process likely will be a daily (one day at a time) lifelong journey. Once you have completed your detox and treatment course at a rehab facility, you will need a recovery plan to reinforce all that you learned at the alcohol rehab. This is what is referred to as aftercare.
A specialist at the Mountain Springs Recovery will refer you to an intensive outpatient program (IOP) after detox and treatment to keep you focused and aligned with your sobriety goals. Your long-term plan after detox and treatment at alcohol rehab will include the following:
- Listing your goals in details.
- Specifying how you plan on achieving all your goals.
- Joining local peer support groups.
- Restoring damaged relationships with your friends and family with the assistance of group therapy and counseling sessions.
- Engaging in alcohol-free hobbies and activities.
- Recognizing triggers and learning how to mitigate them.
Another important aspect is establishing a sober living arrangement, especially if you were in an unstable home before treatment. People, places, and situations associated with your former alcohol abuse can trigger a relapse.
At Mountain Springs Recovery, we will also help you find or set up such a sober living situation. A sober living home will provide you with an alcohol-free and safe environment. Such a home encourages you to get help from counselors and groups. According to recent studies, post-rehab sober living homes:
- Reduce the number of alcohol-related crimes.
- Improve alcohol abstinence rates.
- Increase the chances of recovering addicts finding employment.
A sober living home allows those in recovery to focus on staying sober without having to worry about going back to an unsafe and unhealthy home environment. Getting their lives back on track is most important after completing detox and treatment at an alcohol rehab center.
The reasons given for not going to alcohol rehab treatment are many but, the benefits outweigh them. Here are answers to many of the main concerns about seeking detox and treatment at alcohol rehab centers:
What is the Importance of Being Sober for Your Family?
Addiction alienates you from your family. Alcoholism keeps you from attending events where you’ll not be able to drink. You will often be away from those you love if you don’t overcome your addiction.
Sobriety, on the other hand, will change all that. Sobriety will help you mend broken family relationships. Accordingly, good rehab centers will also bring you closer to the ones you love.
Will you Lose your Job by Going to Rehab?
While you may worry about compromising your job security if you choose to go to alcohol rehab, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) usually protect people with addictions from discrimination, including being fired for a substance use disorder. Many businesses and insurance plans now cover substance use disorder treatment.
For full protection, it is best to tell your employer that you have a problem and are seeking help before it affects your work performance and they have cause to fire you. Should they fire you anyway, you may be able to sue your employer for discrimination.
Paying for Alcohol Addiction Treatment
When you decide to go to an alcohol rehab, one of the questions you’ll have is how will you pay for treatment at any of the good rehab facilities?
The cost of treatment at the alcohol rehab facilities is one of the main deterrents to many who wish to go for treatment, but it shouldn’t be. The cost of an alcohol rehab will depend largely on the level of care you need. Most of the private insurance plans will cover a portion of your addiction treatment, while others cover the entire cost.
Inpatient facilities include lodgings, food, and intensive and round-the-clock care, so they are more costly than outpatient centers. To know more about your benefits, contact your insurance company to find out what is covered.
If you aren’t comfortable with that, our team of experts will verify your insurance benefits and maximize your insurance benefits to leave you with little or no out-of-pocket costs. Call for a confidential and no-obligation conversation about treating your alcohol addiction.
Best Alcohol Rehabs Across the Country
Divided between two luxurious houses is Chapters Capistrano. Here, you’ll find a top-of-the-line luxury alcohol rehab experience that provides comfort, compassion, and care to every client who chooses to attend treatment. With private rooms close to the ocean and loaded with treatment models that are proven effective, this is one of the highest-rated addiction treatment facilities in the area.
The staff at Chapters Capistrano understands that there are times when people have unique needs when it comes to overcoming addictions and works to provide a unique recovery experience that is truly effective.
What you’ll find at Chapters Capistrano:
- Technology friendly
- Private rooms
- Near the ocean
- Luxury facilities
- A variety of treatment options
- Personalized treatment programs
When you attend addiction rehab at Chapters Capistrano, you can overcome your addiction and enjoy the experience while at it.
Website: Chapters Capistrano
Address: 1525 Buena Vista, San Clemente, CA 92672
Monarch Shores is another high-quality alcohol rehab center in San Juan Capistrano, California. They offer same-day admission and several options for inpatient and outpatient rehab. Monarch Shores has superb facilities, great nature views, and caring staff to meet your needs. Some of the notable features of this rehab include:
- Full-fledged facility: You don’t have to transfer from medical detox to outpatient treatment — you can have your full treatment in Monarch Shores from intake to aftercare.
- Technology-friendly: Monarch Shores understands the busy lives of every patient. They allow the use of laptops and other gadgets for work and keeping in touch with loved ones.
To contact Monarch Shores, you may use the following details below:
Phone: (888) 383-0628
Address: 27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Mountain Springs Recovery
Mountain Springs Recovery is one of the best treatment centers near Boulder, CO. Located at a quiet, serene spot in Colorado Springs, this addiction treatment center has beautiful facilities and specialists who provide personalized care.
As a full-fledged center, Mountain Springs Recovery cares for every aspect of an alcohol use disorder, starting with detox treatment and aftercare. Patients choose this center because of its great features, including
- Technology access: You don’t have to give up your cell phone, laptop, and other gadgets. WiFi access allows you to complete tasks or stay in touch with loved ones.
- Treatment options: Depending on your unique background and preferences, from 12-step to Non-12-step, there are many treatment options.
- 24/7 care: Most people need round-the-clock care to manage withdrawal symptoms during the first few weeks of detox. Mountain Springs has 24/7 medical care, keeping patients safe and comfortable.
- Top facilities: Clean rooms, beautiful views, and access to recreational facilities make the treatment center an excellent choice for people seeking the best resource value.
For more about Mountain Springs Recovery, please contact the contact details below.
Address: 1865 Woodmoor Dr, Monument, CO 80132
At Lincoln Recovery, the goal is to help all clients see that recovery is not only attainable but it is also maintainable. With a combination of group and individual treatments, resort-like amenities, the ability to choose the treatments you want to try, and the chance to build a community of others going through recovery, clients find that they have the potential to overcome their addictions much more quickly than if they tried it alone.
Stepping into the quiet retreat that is Lincoln Recovery is just the first step in enjoying this supportive, immersive recovery experience.
What Lincoln Recovery clients can expect:
- Stay in touch with loved ones from the beginning – No blackout period
- Large, quiet campus in Rural Illinois
- Restaurant-style meals and snacks – prepared by a chef
- Meditation Room
- Indoor pool
- Workout room
- Regularly scheduled outings and activities
- Private rooms and bathrooms
- On-site detox
- Partial hospitalization, Inpatient, and IOP treatment options
Lincoln Recovery might be just what you’re looking for ways to make long-term recovery from your addiction a reality.
Address: 19067 W. Frontage Rd., Raymond, IL 62560
Willow Springs Recovery
Willow Springs Recovery is one of the premier alcohol rehab options in Dallas, Texas, and for a good reason. The sprawling 38-acre campus offers plenty of room to explore, enjoy activities and relax. Some clients say they are staying at a resort while working on their addiction recovery at Willow Springs, which is precisely how they are supposed to feel. This top-of-the-line facility encourages clients to make the most of the quiet and dig in and enjoy all that recovery has to offer. In addition, an on-site detox ensures that clients get the best care – from intake to completion – so they can enjoy a successful recovery journey.
What you’ll find:
- Keep your phone and computer
- Pool, gym, and recreational activities
- Off-campus outings
- Healthy, chef-prepared meals
- Special dietary food preparation
- Individualized treatment plans to meet client needs
- A wide variety of treatment options
- Highly trained staff
Willow Springs Recovery believes that treatment should be enjoyable and that transitioning from active addiction to recovery should be smooth and gentle. You want to keep seeing the changes and beauty of living clean and sober every day.
Address: 11128 TX-21, Bastrop, TX 78602
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.