Mountain Springs Recovery - Monument, Colorado
GET HONEST & ACCURATE QUOTE
Detox Center in Aurora, Colorado
Upscale Colorado facility with medication assisted treatment and Non-12-Step program options
- Keep your phone and laptop
- Safe 24/7 monitored detox
- SMART options
- Dual diagnosis programs
- Long-term arrangements
- Thorough aftercare planning
- Located in Monument, CO
- Out of state options in CA, TX and IL
Check your coverage and get informed on admission process! Call us at:555-555-5555*
*HIPPA Compliant and 100% confidential
MAXIMIZE YOUR PPO COVERAGE WITH OUR HELP
We will work with insurance to get you the best possible coverage and minimize expenses.
Detox Center in Aurora, Colorado
With drug use and drug-related crime rising annually throughout Aurora neighborhoods, the city is working to find help for those seeking detox and drug treatment. A bustling urban area of nearly 400,000 residents, Aurora, Colorado, offers myriad drug rehabilitation and detox centers for those seeking to rid of their addictions.
Addiction Statistics in Aurora Colorado
Although drug-related crimes are on the rise throughout the city, statistics show that the northern neighborhoods are being hit the hardest, with 1 in every 141 residents falling victim to drug-related crime.
In addition, drug-related deaths hit an all-time high in Colorado in 2020, leaving communities like Aurora looking for ways to help combat the substance use disorder issue.
Detox Centers in Aurora, Colorado
The first step to battling addiction is ridding the body of the chemicals that have ensnared you. This requires a medically supervised detoxification program that can last just a few days or several weeks in more severe addiction cases.
While most (if not all) drug rehab centers offer detoxification to their patients, not every detox center offers full rehab services. So be sure to look closely at the services and programs being offered at any facility you are considering to ensure it offers the full range of services you are looking for.
What to Look for in a detox center in Aurora, Colorado
Finding the right place to detox isn’t always easy. That is why knowing what to look for in a detox center is important.
- Accreditation: The first thing to consider is a facility’s accreditation or license to offer services. The best way to find a quality detox center is to look at the ones approved by the Joint Commission, which oversees the accreditation of care within the industry.
- Programs: Next, consider whether you want a center that only offers detox services or features treatment programs like 12-step or non-12-step programs.
- Facilities: Take a good look at the facility and see what types of detox help it offers. For instance, does it have around-the-clock medical care for treating withdrawal symptoms? Or maybe it offers herbal remedies and holistic treatment to help ward off the worst of your withdrawal symptoms.
- Services: Depending on the facility, you may have access to many services, including everything from private rooms to hospital-like housing. One detox center may have niceties like a pool, sauna, and whirlpool, while another may offer things like massage, medication, and high-end meals. Depending on your likes, expectations, and medical needs, you may choose a detox center that offers these types of special services or one that offers more complex medical intervention instead. The choice is yours. Just be sure you understand what is available to make the best choice for your drug detox and follow-up treatment.
What to Expect During Drug Detox in Aurora, Colorado
Going to detox can be stressful. You may have heard horror stories about what to expect and what the actual process will be like. We are here to make the experience as comfortable as possible so that you can clear the toxins from your body and be ready to treat your addiction.
The first step is knowing what to expect once you walk through the doors of our detox center.
Welcome to Detox
Enter into a detox center, and you will be greeted by an initial intake person. His/her job is to welcome and try to alleviate your fears. First, you will have to fill out any forms you have not completed in advance of your arrival. You may also have to complete a questionnaire about your health and addiction. Be as forthcoming as you can when answering these questions.
Once your initial forms are completed, you will likely be taken to the medical clinic area, where you will undergo a physical. This will allow the medical team to see how your addiction may be affecting your health and also to gauge the level of your addiction.
A mental health exam may also be performed. Rest assured that every new patient must undergo this same testing to ensure there are no underlying mental health issues that may affect your treatment.
Once thoroughly evaluated, your care team will know how best to begin detoxification. Getting the drugs and alcohol out of your system is vital to beginning a treatment program for your addiction. Of course, the withdrawal process can become uncomfortable if you are battling very serious addiction. Most people experience some level of nausea and vomiting, aches and pains, fatigue, and general malaise. The deeper your addiction, the harder these symptoms can be.
If needed, your medical team can use medication to ease your symptoms and help absorb the chemicals in your body.
Medication isn’t the only thing that can be used to get you through withdrawal. Some more natural options also include:
- Meditation helps your mind focus and relieve stress
- Massage to ease muscle and joint pains
- Sauna and hot tub therapy to ease stress and help get a good night’s sleep
- Healthy foods to give your body the right mix of nutrients to battle the effects of withdrawal
- Acupuncture to ease physical symptoms
Although many detox centers concentrate mostly on detoxification, many also extend their services to include addiction therapy. This allows you to begin working on your addiction’s issues and help you break free from its grip.
Once your body is cleared of the drugs inflicting it, you can begin an individualized treatment protocol that may include:
- One-on-One Talk Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Support Groups
- Cognitive Support
- Behavioral Therapy
- Life Skills Training
- Stress Relief Options
- Massage Therapy
Getting through the detox and treatment aspects of addiction therapy doesn’t end when you leave rehab. Aftercare is also very important to ensure that you continue on the road to success.
Returning to your normal day-to-day life after detox and rehab can be stressful and a bit overwhelming. But, with the right aftercare program, you can get back to your life with as little disruption as possible.
You will have help setting up an aftercare program before you leave rehab, but be sure to include these important things in your plan:
- Counseling (either in person or online)
- A support group
- Life skills training
- Stress relief therapies you enjoyed in rehab include working out, a new sport, arts and crafts, music, etc.
- New recreational activities that do not include the places and events that feed your addiction
Paying for Detox in Aurora Colorado
Paying for a detox center can initially seem daunting until you realize plenty of resources are available to help. Begin by verifying your insurance to see exactly what they will pay. This will give you an idea of your financial responsibilities for drug detox so you can figure out how to pay your share.
Once you know what your out-of-pocket expenses will be, you can utilize one of these methods to pay for them:
- Medical Loans are designed to pay for medical expenses.
- Personal loans
- Enhanced employer benefits
- Asking Friends and Family for Help
Traveling to Aurora Colorado
Located along three major highways (Interstates 70, 225, and the E-470 Beltway), Aurora is easy to get to. It can be reached by plane close to Denver and its airport, with a local rail service connecting the airport with the city. Trains run regularly throughout the city, as well as buses and taxis, making it easy for visitors to maneuver through the neighborhoods.
Are you ready to clean the drugs or alcohol from your body? Begin by finding a good detox center to help you get ready for drug treatment.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.