Willow Springs Recovery - Austin, Texas
GET HONEST & ACCURATE QUOTE
Drug Rehab in Garland, Texas
Top rated addiction treatment located on 38 acres of quiet and calming scenery.
- Keep your phone and laptop
- Safe 24/7 monitored detox
- SMART options
- Dual diagnosis programs
- Long-term arrangements
- Thorough aftercare planning
- Located in Bastrop, Texas
- Out of state options in CA, CO and IL
Check your coverage and get informed on admission process! Call us at:555-555-5555*
*HIPPA Compliant and 100% confidential
MAXIMIZE YOUR PPO COVERAGE WITH OUR HELP
We will work with insurance to get you the best possible coverage and minimize expenses.
People seeking drug addiction treatment in Garland, TX, or nearby areas are likely to have many questions, ranging from what happens in rehab to deciding which is the right one for them. (And yes, the cost is a big ask, too.)
Many centers are aware of these concerns and are more than happy to put your mind to rest with answers. Of course, they’ll need some information to determine the best treatment options for you. You’ll be quizzed about your substance use (or your loved ones, if you’re calling for them) as well as your mental health and medical history. They’ll also ask about your insurance coverage, which can tell you what your plan will allow and what your deductibles and coinsurance will be. This information can help shape a treatment plan suitable for you.
Also, knowing what you can expect before you check into rehab can provide some peace of mind and allow you to focus on the most important thing: Getting well.
Drug Use in and Near Garland, Texas
Garland, TX is located northeast of Dallas, mostly in Dallas County. Drug use trends mirror statewide activity to a great extent.
The University of Texas at Austin’s Addiction Research Institute examined statewide drug use for 2021. They found that methamphetamine, synthetic opioids like fentanyl, and heroin use were trending upwards, as were deaths from psychostimulants, cocaine, and fentanyl.
Compared to Texas overall, Dallas County has higher rates of drug-linked deaths. From 2012-to 2016, Dallas County generally had fewer alcohol-linked deaths compared to statewide totals. From 2015 to 2016, however, Dallas County’s alcohol-connected fatalities jumped from 6.0 to 8.0 per 100,000. It also outpaced statewide averages (which were 7.9) in 2016.
Adult admissions for drug and alcohol treatment rehab, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services, were mostly for alcohol, opioids, cocaine, and methamphetamines from 2008-2015.
Drug trafficking is no stranger to the area, either. More than 200 pounds of drugs were seized in a major multi-agency task force bust in January 2022, including cocaine, methamphetamine, and fentanyl-laced counterfeits.
Drug Addiction Treatment in Garland, TX
A person who is dependent on drugs or alcohol will continue to use. It doesn’t matter if they want to stop, if they get into trouble with the law, or lose their job. They’ll continue to use. Relapse, when you start using again after trying to quit, isn’t unusual or even rare.
Addiction is a complicated disease affecting the brain. The areas that are in charge of processing rewards and pleasure and governing self-control are all affected by addiction, making it all the harder to quit.
Drug rehab facilities in Garland, TX that use evidence-backed treatments are equipped to help people with addictions to get sober and teach them the skills to stay that way.
For someone seeking rehabs, Texas Health and Human Services lets people search for mental health or substance use disorder help through its OSAR (Outreach, Screening, Assessment and Referral Centers) tool.
There are other ways to track down treatment or counseling. They include calling your health insurance company to find out which centers or specialists are in your plan’s network. They can also tell you what services would be covered, what the copays and deductibles would be, and how much treatment you qualify for. Rehab centers can provide a lot of answers, too.
Knowing what to expect out of addiction treatment can make your search easier.
Inpatient Drug Rehab in Garland, TX
When deciding on inpatient substance use disorder treatment in Garland, TX, you’ll be faced with a lot of questions and paperwork. Understand that the staff will need to know your past and current substance use disorder. You’ll also be examined so they get a good diagnosis of your mental and physical health, which helps shape your addiction treatment plan. (They’ll also treat any pressing health issues that need care.)
Once the paperwork is filled out and processed and you’ve been examined, it’s usually time to detox. That’s an early step and a major one. The goal is to get you clean of substances so that you feel well enough to continue with the rest of your rehab journey.
Common stages of rehab include:
- Assessment. This is step one, right along with that paperwork. You’ll get mental and physical health screenings. Then if you have undiagnosed depression, for example, it’s possible treatment may begin for that straight away. If there are other physical issues from substance use (like being dehydrated), that’ll quickly be addressed, too.
- Detox. At this stage, you’ll be getting clean of drugs or alcohol. Some substances (cocaine, for example) just need time to get through the system, but other substances require medication (like opioids) to keep the patient safe and comfortable, especially when withdrawal can be painful and even dangerous.
- Therapy. This involves a lot of one-on-one time with a therapist. The goal is to understand what may have contributed to your drug addiction. (It can be trauma or a co-occurring disorder, for example). Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one popular form of treatment, where the patient and therapist collaborate and talk through issues and find healthier ways of coping.
- Support groups. Support groups give you a chance to meet and communicate with others who are going through struggles similar to your own. It can be helpful to share stories and advice, and sometimes that camaraderie can be helpful in recovery.
- Aftercare. As you near the end of your stay, the treatment center staff will help you come up with a plan to prevent relapse. The goal is to keep you focused on recovery, usually by planning to check back in with the rehab for regular updates or to visit with support groups and counselors closer to home. Many rehabs have alumni groups, too, where patients can keep in touch.
Drug rehabs in Garland, TX, don’t just offer medical care and therapy, however. At the end of the day, you’ll usually have some downtime. Depending on what the rehab has, you might enjoy a swim in the pool, maybe a game of volleyball, or time just relaxing around the firepit. Every center has different offerings, but they realize rehab is hard work, so unwinding can prove rewarding and motivating. It also can show that it’s possible to enjoy yourself without taking drugs.
Detoxification is a necessary step in treating addiction, and it works best with medical help. (That’s because it can be very uncomfortable, and even dangerous, for some people to go cold turkey, especially if they’re addicted to drugs like opioids or benzodiazepines.)
Drug detox centers in Garland, TX, which offer medical oversight can make getting detoxed safe and much easier to tolerate.
It’s similar to being hospitalized since many rehabs that specialize in detoxification have around-the-clock monitoring to watch your vitals and make sure you’re comfortable and hydrated. If you’re at a luxury rehab, the experience might be made even more comfortable thanks to higher-end surroundings in addition to medications to ease nasty side effects like vomiting.
Expert medical care can make it easier to stick with treatment, too, since many people relapse because of cravings or to ward off unpleasant withdrawal symptoms like nausea, cold sweats, paranoia, anxiety, and other issues.
Drug detox in Garland, TX, can ensure you get clean of substances in safety and comfort, preparing you for recovery.
Once you finish with detox, it’s time for residential treatment. At inpatient drug rehab centers in Garland, TX, you stay on-site and dive full-time into treatment.
You’ll have your own room, or share one, and will stick to a daily schedule. After breakfast, you might expect individual and group therapies. But there are other options to fill out your days, too:
- Holistic therapies. These therapies focus on healing the mind and spirit and reducing stress. Yoga, meditation, and mindfulness work are popular options with solid track records.
- Life skills courses. Rehab isn’t just counseling. It’s also a chance to learn or relearn, day-to-day skills like cooking, balancing your budget, or brushing up your resume.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) or intensive outpatient programming (IOP). These are two other options, where patients don’t live on-site but still get treatment five days a week. PHP is sometimes called “day rehab” where patients come to the center for therapy several hours a day, five days a week, but live off-site, sometimes at a nearby sober living facility. IOP is similar but usually is for milder addictions. Patients may spend three hours a day, five days a week in IOP, and then they have more flexibility to rebuild their lives around their program.
Evidence-based care at an addiction treatment center in Garland, TX, is something that takes time and work, but it can prove extremely healing. Many patients begin with 30 days, but if it’s not enough, they can opt for an extended stay. (That can hinge on space at the rehab, or whether insurance permits added days, however.) Many rehabs will contact insurers to secure added days when they feel (or the patient feels that way) that more time would be beneficial. (Researchers are finding longer rehab stays usually produce better recovery outcomes.)
It may feel impossible to decide on a rehab center. It’s a major commitment, and a big investment, considering that stays in rehab are rarely cheap. (Fortunately, mental health and substance use treatment are covered by many insurance plans; exactly how much will hinge on the exact plan, however.) Many rehabs will work out a payment plan, too.
Knowing what could expect out of drug rehabs in Garland, TX, can ease some worries. With research, dedication, and a willingness to take time for yourself to heal and get better, recovery is possible.
- healthcare.gov – Your total costs for health care: Premium, deductible & out-of-pocket costs
- socialwork.utexas.edu – Drug Trends in Texas 2021: A Report to the National Drug Early Warning System
- drugfreedallas.org – Dallas County 2018 Drug Impact Index
- dallasnews.com – 20 arrested, charged in Hamilton Park drug operation in Dallas, authorities say
- nida.nih.gov – Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction
- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov – Withdrawal Management
- drugabuse.gov – Principles of Effective Treatment
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.