The City of Mesquite is located in the state of Texas and most parts of the city are within the county of Dallas. Mesquite had an estimated population of 143,949 in 2017 making them the 12th city with the most population in the state of Texas.
Honored with the Playful City Award for the fourth time in 2016, Mesquite boasts of its 76 parks and numerous recreational facilities making it a playable city with tons of recreational and affordable activities and programs that are highly appealing to its residents. Mesquite, however, has a dark side that has invaded this appealing place. Alcohol and drug use has become prevalent in this playful city. The county of Dallas has suffered 949 deaths per 100,000 people due to drug overdose between 2014 to 2016. Luckily, there are numerous facilities and centers that offer substance use disorder treatment in Mesquite.
Drugs and alcohol use can cause harmful effects in the body. Prolonged use can also result in addiction. Luckily, recovery from addiction is possible. Those who are suffering from addiction can seek help from treatment centers in Mesquite. There are different kinds of treatment that are offered in drug rehab Mesquite and alcohol rehab Mesquite. Finding the right treatment is important and getting into the right rehab facilities in Mesquite should be your top priority. Rehab facilities Mesquite will understand what you are going through and are willing to help you get back the life you had. Seek treatment at Mesquite rehab facilities and start your journey to recovery.
Commonly Abused Drugs in Mesquite, TX
The state of Texas is dealing with a serious problem with drug and alcohol use. According to a report published by the University of Texas in Austin, methamphetamine is the biggest drug threat in the state, including Mesquite. Aside from methamphetamine, alcohol, PCP, marijuana, benzodiazepines like alprazolam and opioids including heroin, fentanyl, methadone, oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, and others are the most commonly abused drugs that pose a problem in Texas. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1,375 deaths due to an overdose of opioid were reported in 2016 for Texas. The rate of deaths due to opioid use increased from 4.7 per 100,000 people in 2015 to 4.9 per 100,000 people in 2016. The rate of deaths due to heroin has also been steadily increasing over the years since 2010. From a recorded data of 260 deaths, there are now 530 deaths related to heroin.
Stricter policies and law regulations should be implemented. Preventive measures must be made at all costs, and treatments from drug rehab in Mesquite or alcohol treatment centers in Mesquite must be made accessible and available to those who have succumbed to substance addiction.
Substance Use among College Students in Mesquite, TX
Rehabilitation facilities in Mesquite accept college students and adults suffering from alcohol and drug dependency. The 2017 Texas College Survey of Substance Use Disorder indicated that alcohol and marijuana are the top substances abused by college students. Seventy-three percent (73%) of the students drank alcohol in the past year. More than one-third (35%) of the respondents binge drank in the past month. The same ratio (one out of three) among respondents have admitted the use of marijuana or other illicit drugs. Unless they decide to abstain, a few may require rehab Mesquite.
Mesquite’s Eastfield College is the first and remains the only one of the seven colleges of the Dallas County Community Colleges District to offer academic programs on Substance Use Disorder Counseling. The State of Texas has a solid working program to address issues of underage drinking and drug use through partnering with and funding of community groups. There remain a few individuals who need treatment from Mesquite rehab centers.
Families, professors, and friends should maintain support to prevent substance use and abuse among the youth. Those with addiction should immediately be guided to a Mesquite treatment center. If needed, students may have access to rehab in other cities, such as a McAllen, TX, rehabilitation center.
Types of Treatments Available in Mesquite Rehabilitation Centers
Individuals who are suffering from addiction should seek immediate treatment from rehab centers in Mesquite. As each patient’s circumstances are different from one another, treatment for addiction will vary from person to person. Rehab centers in Mesquite should provide the individual needs of each patient. For the treatment to be effective, Mesquite rehab must not only solve the problem with alcohol or drug use but also solve the underlying or co-occurring issues such as mental illnesses.
- Detox : Detoxification should be the first step that patients do before going into other programs. Detox Mesquite aims to remove the patient’s physical dependency on the substances. This ensures that the toxic substances are flushed out of the body lowering the chance of cravings and relapse during the next treatment programs. Detox can be very dangerous due to the withdrawal symptoms that a patient may experience. Because of this, it is recommended that detox is done at a detox center Mesquite. Doctors, nurses, and staff at a medical detox Mesquite can provide 24/7 supervision and medical services including medications that will help patients relieve some of their withdrawal symptoms for a comfortable and safe procedure.
- 12 Step Program: With this type of treatment, patients will surrender themselves and their path to recovery to a supreme being. This program relies heavily on the spirituality and religion of the patient, so not everyone may be comfortable with this. AA Mesquite and NA Mesquite both follow the 12 Step Program in their treatment procedure. Twelve-step rehab is among the most common treatment types, so consider seeking out rehabs all over the state—such as a rehab center in Waco, Texas.
- Non 12 Step: Unlike the 12 Step Program offered by rehab centers Mesquite, this treatment isn’t based on any religion or spirituality. The treatment approach for this is focused on science-based procedures such as cognitive behavior therapy, motivational enhancement therapy, and SMART Recovery Meetings in Mesquite.
- SMART Recovery Meetings: The Self-Management and Recovery Training Program has similarities with the Alcoholic Anonymous’ (AA’s) 12-step rehabilitation routine but is fundamentally different in basic ways.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab: A lot of people diagnosed with substance use disorder also have a mental illness. Both of these can frequently occur together. Rehabs in Mesquite provide a dual diagnosis to treat both the problems with substance use as well as the problems with mental illnesses.
- Luxury Rehab : Luxury rehabs are specialty rehab centers built in a relaxing and glamorous environment.
- Faith Rehab: If your drug abuse has led you away from your faith, you may wish to go back to being more spiritually aware during your recovery from addiction. This is where a Faith drug rehab can be helpful.
How Do You Pay for Treatment in a Texas Drug Rehab?
If you are in Texas and require admittance to drug and alcohol rehab, there are various options available to pay for the treatment. Paying for rehab may be different in other centers, such as a Grand Prairie rehab center, so be sure to compare your options. Some of the more common options for paying for rehab include the following:
- Health insurance: We work with major insurance providers in the United States, including Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana,. You need to confirm that your coverage includes substance use disorder disorders before enrolling into the program at the drug rehab centers in Texas. If you prefer, our insurance team are ready to talk with your insurance company and provide a no-obligation verification process at no charge when considering enrolling into our rehabilitation facilities in Texas.
- SAMHSA: The Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) helps with grants, in case you don’t have insurance coverage to pay for the programs such as rehab and detox. Check on their site to see if you qualify for the grants before you get into the appropriate program for drug rehab in or near Mesquite.
- Third-Party Loan: The expert team from the drug rehab centers will help check your options for securing third-party private loans. These will depend on your credit score and your repayment capability, and if you qualify, it can make for a viable source of financing your treatment. You can also raise funds from family, friends, or dip into your savings to ensure that the recovery at rehab centers in or near Mesquite successfully happens. Talk to our counselors at our Texas rehab facility to assess your treatment and funding options.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.