Monarch Shores Careers
Monarch Shores Recovery is dedicated to helping people overcome their struggles with substance use disorder. Our centers are staffed with experts who utilize tried and true methods to help every person’s addiction story end with a sobriety that is sustainable. We at Monarch Shores Recovery understand that every person’s journey into addiction is unique.
Monarch Shores Recovery may be the perfect place for you. We pride ourselves on having a complete and diverse staff that utilizes their skills to help provide a high-quality treatment experience.
The Driver is responsible for assessing client needs and monitoring behavior while at the program. The Driver’s primary duty is to transport the client to and from destinations in a comfortable, safe and efficient manner. Meeting those goals entails additional responsibilities, tasks, knowledge and attention to detail.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Driver assists Transportation Supervisor in the provision of services to clients.
2. Driver monitors the needs and behaviors of clients.
3. Interacts with clients and document such interactions.
4. Continues to learn about alcohol and/or drug abuse and alcoholism and the principles of recovery.
5. Documents client activities of daily living.
6. Maintains vehicle cleanliness and upkeep of program.
7. Recognizes early signs of illness and the need for professional assistance and follow through & reports this to appropriate.
8. Assists in the availability of community services and resources.
9. Responds to emergencies and initiates action as required.
10. Driver discusses significant events involving client’s activities with Transportation Manager.
11. Follows HIPAA Regulations.
12. Be awake during all shifts.
13. Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
14. Be safe while driving.
15. Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES FOR DRIVER POSITION
1. At least 6 months of sobriety if in recovery.
2. Experience, knowledge or interest in chemical dependency and abuse.
3. Valid California Driver’s License.
4. Ability to communicate and work effectively with diversity.
5. Friendly personality.
Monarch Recovery is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Job Application - Monarch Shores or Chapters Capistrano