The Driver is responsible for assessing client needs and monitoring behavior while at the program. The Driver’s primary duty is to transport the client to and from destinations in a comfortable, safe and efficient manner. Meeting those goals entails additional responsibilities, tasks, knowledge and attention to detail.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists Transportation Supervisor in the provision of services to clients.
2. Monitors the needs and behaviors of clients.
3. Interacts with clients and document such interactions.
4. Continues to learn about alcohol and/or drug abuse and alcoholism and the principles of recovery.
5. Documents client activities of daily living.
6. Maintains vehicle cleanliness and upkeep of program.
7. Recognizes early signs of illness and the need for professional assistance and follow through & reports this to appropriate.
8. Assists in the availability of community services and resources.
9. Responds to emergencies and initiates action as required.
10. Discusses significant events involving client’s activities with Transportation Manager.
11. Follows HIPAA Regulations.
12. Be awake during all shifts.
13. Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
14. Be safe while driving.
15. Other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Abilities: To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving – The incumbent will be able to identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
2. Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Lincoln Recovery with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards or Lincoln Recovery.
3. Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
4. Leadership – The incumbent should be able to lead and direct end users
5. Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Lincoln Recovery Standards of ethics and workmanship.
6. Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
7. Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES:
1. Experience, knowledge or interest in chemical dependency and abuse.
2. Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
3. Ability to communicate and work effectively with diversity.
Lincoln Recovery is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Weekend availability
- Illinois Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location.